Sunshine Letter | Far West Nordic strides through low snow year
May 8, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Far West Nordic strides through low snow year
What a strange winter it was! Despite Mother Nature's lack of cooperation this past season, we still had wonderful support from members and local retailers. Our coaches led the charge on successful race trips to places such as West Yellowstone, Soldier Hollow (twice), Bear Valley and Junior Nationals at Stowe, where Far West Nordic athletes excelled, bringing back several podium and top 10 finishes.
Our organization would not be where we are today without our members, racers, coaches, sponsors, retailers, board and staff who have a passion for cross country skiing.
We want to thank everyone, and especially our main supporters: Alpenglow, Tom and Louise Burns, Fischer, New Moon, Paco's, James Rosen, Salomon, Silver Sage Center for Family Medicine, Stifel Nicolaus, Sugar Bowl/Royal Gorge, Summit Medical Group, Swix/Toko, Tahoe Donner Cross Country, Wild Cherries and the Thomas Winn Foundation.
Trending In: Local
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week