Sunshine Letter | Thanks for Coogan Kelly Memorial Fund
March 31, 2014
Coogan Kelly Memorial Fund
On Oct. 28,2007, in an ultimate act of cruelty and senselessness, three young men were shot and killed at a party in Reno.
One of those young men was Charles Coogan Kelly of Truckee.
Friends of Coogan gathered together to show support for their departed brother in a spontaneous and unsolicited act of kindness to his family and memory. Funds poured in and the Coogan Kelly Memorial Fund was created.
Coogan's fund has issued $4,000 to individuals in financial need. This year the fund is proud to donate $1,500 dollars to the Military Camp operated by Disabled Sports Far West USA for our rehabilitating heroes.
Within two months of Coogan's death, Squaw Valley, in tandem with Snowbomb, created the Coogan Kelly Memorial Rail Jam. Since that time,five competitions have taken place.
Recommended Stories For You
The family of Coogan would like to give a heart felt thanks to Squaw Valley and Snowbomb for honoring him in this way. His heart really belonged to Truckee and to the snow.
Most of all, his family would like to thank his many friends.
God bless all of you.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show