Sunshine Letter | Thanks for the airplane ride
August 7, 2014
I got to ride in an airplane for the first time ever at the Truckee Airport.
I was so lucky that I got to sit in the front seat and the wonderful pilot, Ben Thompson, was teaching me how to fly.
We flew over lots of lakes and over to Lake Tahoe. I saw millions of trees and I saw the Truckee River. I wasn't afraid because I knew my pilot was a good flier. Even though I was the only girl in the airplane it was still very fun. I think Ben Thompson is a really nice guy and a very excellent pilot. I wish I could thank him again for taking me up in his airplane. It made my day wonderful. I hope you remember me, Ben.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer