Sunshine Letter | Thanks for the airplane ride
August 7, 2014
I got to ride in an airplane for the first time ever at the Truckee Airport.
I was so lucky that I got to sit in the front seat and the wonderful pilot, Ben Thompson, was teaching me how to fly.
We flew over lots of lakes and over to Lake Tahoe. I saw millions of trees and I saw the Truckee River. I wasn't afraid because I knew my pilot was a good flier. Even though I was the only girl in the airplane it was still very fun. I think Ben Thompson is a really nice guy and a very excellent pilot. I wish I could thank him again for taking me up in his airplane. It made my day wonderful. I hope you remember me, Ben.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- BREAKING NEWS: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)