Tahoe chief’s corner: Chipping, defensible space services begin May 1
March 25, 2015
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is gearing up for defensible space evaluations, tree marking and chipping services for the 2015 season.
Defensible space evaluations and chipping services will begin May 1. The fire district will notify folks that have requested chipping services prior to visiting their homes.
Please note, it is mandatory that the checklist items on the Defensible Space Checklist are completed prior to obtaining a tree removal permit.
To request a defensible space evaluation or chipping service, please call 775-831-0351, ext. 8118, and leave your name, phone number, address and service requested.
You may also sign up online by visiting http://www.nltfpd.net — go to "fuels management," then "curbside chipping."
"Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat