Tahoe chief’s corner: Chipping, defensible space services begin May 1
March 25, 2015
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is gearing up for defensible space evaluations, tree marking and chipping services for the 2015 season.
Defensible space evaluations and chipping services will begin May 1. The fire district will notify folks that have requested chipping services prior to visiting their homes.
Please note, it is mandatory that the checklist items on the Defensible Space Checklist are completed prior to obtaining a tree removal permit.
To request a defensible space evaluation or chipping service, please call 775-831-0351, ext. 8118, and leave your name, phone number, address and service requested.
You may also sign up online by visiting http://www.nltfpd.net — go to "fuels management," then "curbside chipping."
"Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
Trending In: Local
- Teen swims length of Lake Tahoe for charity
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- Truckee CERT team welcomes unlikely member
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- Truckee plane crash survivor faces long road to recovery