Tahoe chief’s corner: Chipping, defensible space services begin May 1
March 25, 2015
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is gearing up for defensible space evaluations, tree marking and chipping services for the 2015 season.
Defensible space evaluations and chipping services will begin May 1. The fire district will notify folks that have requested chipping services prior to visiting their homes.
Please note, it is mandatory that the checklist items on the Defensible Space Checklist are completed prior to obtaining a tree removal permit.
To request a defensible space evaluation or chipping service, please call 775-831-0351, ext. 8118, and leave your name, phone number, address and service requested.
You may also sign up online by visiting http://www.nltfpd.net — go to "fuels management," then "curbside chipping."
"Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
Trending In: Local
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week