Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Wildland Urban Interface Conference set for March 24-26
March 11, 2015
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, an active stakeholder in the protection of our Wildland Urban Interface, will be taking part in the 3-day International Association of Fire Chiefs WUI Conference at the Peppermill Resort in Reno on March 24-26.
There will be representatives from state and local governments, community planners and the like attending the conference.
Attendees will be taking advantage of the many education tracks, hands-on exercises, and an exhibitor expo showcasing the latest in wildland gear and equipment, as well as the networking opportunities with colleagues who work in all facets of the WUI.
My staff and I will be speaking at several of the classes and events taking place during the conference.
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit http://www.iafc.org/wui.
"Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
Trending In: Local
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges