Tahoe City Boy Scouts gear up for Memorial Day ceremony
May 14, 2018
Boy Scout Troop 266 of Tahoe City, California is providing a Memorial Day ceremony to honor all veterans, their families, and whoever else would like to attend.
The ceremony is held in the Trails End cemetery, (480 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City) as it is the final resting place of many local veterans. Veterans' graves are marked with American flags.
The ceremony will include many speeches about Memorial Day, such as how Memorial Day came to be, and a 21-gun salute, which is done by the scouts. Scouts will also play taps and the national anthem.
The ceremony is set for 5 p.m. Monday, May 28.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million