Tahoe City’s Troop 266 fueled by service hearts, lemonade
June 17, 2014
Boy Scout Troop 266 of Tahoe City gathered at the home of Joanie Cunningham in Agate Bay on May 18 for a community service project.
The scouts raked up more than 80 bags of pine needles and yard debris to help clear the grounds around Joanie's residence.
Joanie lives with physical restrictions due to a stroke after the birth of her triplets many years ago.
The boys, with servant hearts, were kept fueled by Joanie's chocolate cookies and lemonade. After three hours of yard cleanup the boys enjoyed playing miniature golf at Carnelian Bay. To the their surprise, the owner discounted a round of golf for each scout in appreciation of their hard work and neighborly service.
Trending In: Local
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Truckee’s Wolverines to face Greenwave for state championship
- Local business spearheading effort to help Camp Fire evacuees, first responders