Tahoe City’s Troop 266 fueled by service hearts, lemonade
June 17, 2014
Boy Scout Troop 266 of Tahoe City gathered at the home of Joanie Cunningham in Agate Bay on May 18 for a community service project.
The scouts raked up more than 80 bags of pine needles and yard debris to help clear the grounds around Joanie's residence.
Joanie lives with physical restrictions due to a stroke after the birth of her triplets many years ago.
The boys, with servant hearts, were kept fueled by Joanie's chocolate cookies and lemonade. After three hours of yard cleanup the boys enjoyed playing miniature golf at Carnelian Bay. To the their surprise, the owner discounted a round of golf for each scout in appreciation of their hard work and neighborly service.
Trending In: Local
- Teen swims length of Lake Tahoe for charity
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- Truckee plane crash survivor faces long road to recovery
- Proposal to FCC could threaten small internet providers