Tahoe Donner Giving Fund to host annual silent auction
July 6, 2018
Since its inception in late 2014, the Tahoe Donner Giving Fund has distributed more than $90,000 in grants and scholarships.
On Wednesday, July 11, the homeowner's association will return with one of its main fundraising events, the fourth annual Dinner & Silent Auction.
Funds raised from the evening will go toward local nonprofits, according to a release from Tahoe Donner, and scholarships to local high school graduates.
The event will begin at 6 p.m. and will be held at the Pavilion Tent at The Lodge Restaurant & Pub. Ph.D Graham M. Kent will deliver a presentation on the evening's topic of wildfires. Kent is the founder of AlertTahoe, a system of cameras streaming real-time images to firefighters, other emergency personnel, and the public. He is also the Director of the Nevada Seismological Laboratory and a professor in the Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering at UNR.
Tickets to the evening cost $100 per person and include dinner, wine, and a chance to bid on silent auction items including travel packages, art, dining, sporting goods and other activities.
To purchase tickets visit July11Dinner.brownpapertickets.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Justin Scacco is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million