Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
December 10, 2018
A new fitness studio, Tahoe Fit, is set to open in Tahoe City this month, offering boot camp and barre style classes.
Located in downtown Tahoe City, the studio will host a grand opening party featuring celebratory bubbly and snacks on Saturday, Dec. 15 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tahoe Fit will officially open for classes on Monday, Dec. 17.
The studio is the brainchild of local fitness instructor Katie Martin, whose upbeat teaching style has garnered a legion of faithful followers at Tahoe Body Loft, Tahoe City, and Performance Training Center in Truckee.
"I want people to come in for a workout and leave feeling happier, stronger and more confident," Martin said. "Our main focus is on functional training, so people stay strong for all the things they love in Tahoe."
Featuring motivating, high-energy playlists, Martin's group fitness classes offer equal opportunities for a wide range of fitness levels and ages. The 1,000-square-foot studio's classes utilize equipment ranging from battle ropes and TRX suspension trainers to dumbbells and BOSU balls.
Visit BeTahoeFit.com for class times and pricing.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Study shows effect of impact fees on affordable housing in Truckee, North Lake Tahoe
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80