Tahoe League For Charity features author, summer music
March 4, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Tahoe League for Charity monthly meeting on Feb. 10 featured author and historian Roger Huff. He spoke about his latest book: "Tales and Towns Along the Truckee: A hundred Miles of History," and brought a fascinating past alive with quips, trivial tidbits and facts of a by-gone era centered around Lake Tahoe and the Truckee River. For more information about Roger Huff's books, visit http://www.WriteAweigh.com.
The March meeting will be held on the 10th and featuring Trinkie Watson as guest speaker. She will report about this year's North Tahoe Music Festival slated for mid-July to early August. The festival will consist of various concerts staged at different venues around the Lake Tahoe area with everything from classical and jazz, to pop and rock.
The lunch and speaker meeting will be at Jake's on the Lake in Tahoe City. Board meeting at 10 a.m. and General meeting luncheon at 11:30 a.m., cost is $17.50 per person. Non-members and guests are welcome. For reservations, contact Ellen Magnani at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit http://www.tahoeleagueforcharity.org.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits