Tahoe Music Institute offering Hawaiian-style guitar and ukulele classes
March 10, 2014
Tahoe Music Institute is now offering Hawaiian-style group guitar and ukulele classes. Three different level classes are being offered for first through third-graders, fourth to sixth graders, and seventh through 12-graders.
Classes focus on Hawaiian musical styles including Polynesian sounds, Reggae rhythms, and Hawaiian harmonies. Classes are taught by Cameron Maxfield, who recently moved to North Tahoe from Maui where he had been living the past five years studying Hawaiian music and culture.
He started playing the guitar at age 12 and has been an independent music teacher for 10 years. Maxfield specializes in classical guitar and Hawaiian-style ukulele, and is excited to share his knowledge and love of music with every age group.
According to Maxfield, "Hawaiian style music is a wonderful genre that has recently gathered an incredible world-wide following. The main focus of all lessons is to learn and experience the joy and happiness associated with the Hawaiian culture."
Private lessons are also available for all ages including adults.
Tahoe Music Institute is located at 2810 Lake Forest Road in Tahoe City. For more group class information call 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats