Tahoe Music Institute students will bring on the blues
May 14, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Tuesday, May 20, the Tahoe Music Institute will present it's fourth annual Bring on the Blues event at Dockside 700 at the Tahoe City Marina. Many of the Institute's finest young musicians will be featured jazz artists, right beside their instructors, who are accomplished Tahoe area musicians.
The Tahoe Music Institute instructors include Kerry Andras of Sneaky Creatures, Todd Holway of Quartet Minus One, guitarist Collin Watters and Tahoe Music Institute director Shauna Righellis.
Students and staff will perform many types of music including the blues.
Music starts at 6 p.m. Dockside 700 will host extended happy hour prices on food and drinks throughout the event.
The Tahoe Music Institute is located in Tahoe City and offers musical instruction in piano, voice, woodwind, brass, percussion, guitar, bass, mandolin and fiddle, as well as a variety of summer programs. For more information on the event or the Institute please call 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
Trending In: Local
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke