Tahoe recipe: Stacy’s smoked chicken salad
February 25, 2015
Stacy Jeremias has been featured in this column before — but usually only for the photos. The really good ones.
She doesn't usually cook. But when she does, it is spot on. We both love this chicken salad they have at Save Mart in the deli section called "Chicken Fiesta" the sad part being they don't always have it.
This ruins our day. We had become so obsessed with it they told us to call ahead of time and they promised they would have it ready, with our names on it.
Stacy took control of the situation and not only duplicated the recipe, but added cranberries and almonds, which really give it a great crunch and flavor.
It is a chicken fiesta plus! We still hit Save Mart deli every chance we get, and if they don't have it ready to go, we pick up the smoked chicken, do Stacy's version, and get on with our lives.
Recommended Stories For You
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 tbls. olive oil
1 tbls. fresh lime juice
1 pound smoked chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 cup roasted almonds, smoked also OK with me, sliced
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Soak cranberries in a bowl of warm water to plump them up, this takes about 15 minutes. Drain ans set aside. Whisk together the olive oil and lime juice in a large bowl, then add the remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
Simone Grandmain is an internationally published travel and food writer who currently calls Truckee-Tahoe home. She welcomes your recipes, kitchen "must-haves" and food news at email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million