Tahoe Truckee Unified School District transportation and CHP recognize safe drivers
October 1, 2014
The Tahoe Truckee Unified School District and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) place a strong emphasis on supporting student success through safe and efficient transportation. As part of their partnership, the CHP recognizes safe driving records and does so in five year increments.
On Tuesday, Aug. 26, Capt. Tim Malone of CHP commended TTUSD for its safety record and presented the following safe driving award pins to TTUSD's bus drivers: Carla Platt, 25 years; Tichelle Criswell, 15 years; Dina Krider, 15 years; Deena Schmitt, five years; and Ignacio Garcia, five years.
This was Capt. Malone's last scheduled event as he retired Wednesday, Aug. 27.
TTUSD's Transportation Director Nanette Rondeau presented Capt. Malone with a certificate of appreciation for his dedication to their transportation department and district.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million