Tahoe-Truckee veterans encouraged to find available services | SierraSun.com

Tahoe-Truckee veterans encouraged to find available services

Staff report

TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Veterans of the United States armed forces may be eligible for a broad range of federal, state and local programs and services.

For personalized assistance in learning about your veteran benefits or for help filing a claim for benefits contact the Nevada County Veterans Services Office, Veterans Memorial Building, 255 South Auburn St. in Grass Valley at 530-273-3396.

Regardless of your era, your branch, your post or your assignment, you are likely entitled to state and federal veterans’ benefits. Qualifying dependents may be eligible for benefits as well.

Placer County Veterans Service Office promotes the interest and welfare of veterans, their dependents and their survivors by enhancing their quality of life through counseling, education, benefits assistance and advocacy. The office connects veterans to their benefits by assisting in their interactions with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and hopes to make the process of applying for benefits like Veterans Health Care and Veterans Pension easier. Any veteran, or any veteran’s family member is encouraged to visit or apply for services. The Placer County Veterans Services Office is located at 1000 Sunset Blvd., Rocklin. Call 916-780-3290.

The California Department of Veterans Affairs maintains a comprehensive, searchable database of services available to California veterans, their survivors and dependents at the federal, state and local levels.

To learn about your possible benefits, go to http://www.calvet.ca.gov, download the CalVet mobile app, or call 877-741-8532 toll free.

To find the office nearest you, go to http://www.cacvso.org. Click on “Contact Us,” and then click on your county of residence.

Information courtesy http://www.mynevadacounty.com and http://www.placer.ca.gov.