Time for annual Dog Days of Fall event in Incline Village
October 4, 2017
An annual free event in which dogs romp and swim in a local pool is headed back to Incline Village on Saturday, Oct. 7.
The 10th anniversary of Dog Days of Fall takes place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Burnt Cedar Pool, 665 Lakeshore Blvd.
The pool was closed to people at the end of September, but will reopen for the dogs-only event. There will also be a kiddie pool for pups.
There will be a number of contests as part of the event, including Best Costume, Owner Lookalike, Wildest Belly Flop, Fastest swimmer, Most Unforgettable, and more. Award will be given to the top dogs in each category with judging provided by community members.
Of note, all dogs must be current on their vaccines and no aggressive animals will be allowed to participate.
More than 175 dogs participated last year in the event, which attracted about 300 people. The Incline Village General Improvement District Parks & Recreation will host the event.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information call 775-832-1310.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted