Trash collection rates to increase in eastern Placer
May 9, 2013
Residents in eastern Placer County will soon see an increase on their trash bill.
On April 23, the Placer County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved an amendment that increases garbage collection fees by no more than 2.8 percent starting July 1.
Those living in Placer County Solid Waste Franchise Area 3 — which includes Northstar, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Tahoe City, Kings Beach, Homewood — will see the cost of single can service increase from $18.32 to $18.81 a month, to account for Tahoe Truckee Disposal Co. Inc's increased cost of doing business.
Property owners in Franchise Area 3, where garbage collection is mandatory, were notified of the proposed increase 45 days in advance before it was approved, according to Placer County.
A collection fee increase for Franchise Area 2, which includes areas east of Colfax to about Donner, was also approved, with the cost of single can service increasing from $21.03 to $21.62.
Ten letters of protest were received regarding the fee increases, said Ann Holman, Placer County Board of Supervisors clerk, at the April 23 supervisors meeting.
Trending In: Local
- Flash Mob carries on despite dumping snow in Truckee
- February snowfall records fall at Truckee-Tahoe resorts
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Town of Truckee: Taking over library might not be feasible
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store