TRPA accepting Lake Spirit Award nominations
February 24, 2015
LAKE TAHOE — Tahoe Regional Planning Agency is accepting nominations for Lake Spirit Awards to honor people making progress protecting Lake Tahoe.
Residents are encouraged to nominate exemplary members of the community "who are going above and beyond the call of duty to protect the beauty and clarity of the lake," according to a TRPA news release.
TRPA created the Lake Spirit Awards in 2011 to recognize individuals who show exceptional commitment to the Tahoe Basin. Nominations are also open in the agency representative/environmental scientist category. A North Shore and South Shore winner in each category will be selected.
"We would like to thank and honor those individuals in our community that are making a real difference protecting Lake Tahoe," Joanne Marchetta, executive director of TRPA, said in a statement. "We are looking for nominees that exhibit not only a strong commitment to the environment, but also model a spirit of collaboration and cooperation."
Nominations can be submitted online at trpa.org/get-involved/lake-spirit-awards/ and will be accepted through Monday, March 30. Winners will be recognized by the TRPA Governing Board at a future date and at the South Tahoe Earth Day.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million