Truckee airport board to make Clear Capital vote next week
February 9, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Truckee Tahoe Airport District board of directors will formally decide next week whether to help Clear Capital maintain a local presence.
At a special Feb. 11 meeting, directors are scheduled to vote on the potential lease of a 10,000-square-foot office building for the Truckee company on airport property.
Earlier in the year, Clear Capital announced it would relocate about 125 employees from Truckee to a downtown Reno office in March 2015.
Last month, the company publicized that a $1.7 million office is being built in the Park Center Tower near Aces Ballpark. The company expects to bring 400 jobs to Reno, its new headquarters, over the next five years.
The remainder of Clear Capital's current staff will continue to work out of its campus at 10875 Pioneer Trail in Truckee until the company's lease expires in August 2016.
The proposed 10,000-square-foot building could support up to 130 jobs, according to the airport district.
Recommended Stories For You
The Wednesday meeting is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. in the TTAD board room at 10356 Truckee Airport Road.
Visit truckeetahoeairport.com to learn more about the project.
Trending In: Local
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: Truckee police clear scene in Glenshire area, shelter in place order lifted
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80