Truckee Donner Public Utility District releases water quality report
May 31, 2018
The Truckee Donner Public Utility District released its Consumer Confidence Report on water quality on May 24 for the Truckee System.
The district reported that it met all state and federal drinking standards for the 2017 calendar year.
Water in the Truckee System comes from 12 wells, according to the report, and is protected from surface water contamination, giving the area a high quality of drinking water.
While the drinking water meets current standards, according to the report, it does contain low levels of arsenic The average level detected was 4.30 parts per billion compared to a maximum containment level of 10 parts per billion.
Justin Scacco is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- February snowfall records fall at local resorts
- Town of Truckee: Taking over library might not be feasible
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Flash Mob carries on despite dumping snow in Truckee