Truckee man, 19, killed after crashing car into tree (updated)
July 25, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — It's uncertain if speed played a factor in a single-vehicle wreck that killed a 19-year-old Truckee resident Tuesday evening.
An investigation is under way into the crash that killed Giovanni Arellano, said Truckee Police Department Sgt. Robert Womack.
"What I have is a car that unfortunately ran into a tree, and that's all we have," Womack said Thursday.
TPD received several 911 calls at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday of the accident in the area of Jeffery Pine and Alpine Fir roads, near Sierra Meadows, according to a Wednesday evening statement.
Authorities determined Arellano's 1995 Eagle Talon left the roadway and collided with a large tree.
Arellano, believed to be on his way home from work, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was the sole occupant of the vehicle, police said.
Recommended Stories For You
Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the crash.
Anyone with information should contact Womack at email@example.com or 530-550-2335.
Trending In: Local
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport