Truckee man, 54, drowns in Pacific Ocean near Santa Cruz
February 27, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The body of a local man who was reported missing for a week washed ashore from the Pacific Ocean in Santa Cruz County on Saturday, officials said.
Peter Koci, 54, of Truckee, reportedly went searching for sea glass near Davenport Beach in Davenport, Calif., on Feb. 13 with a friend, according to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office.
The friend told officers he last saw Koci walking on the beach to reportedly find a restroom.
After a several-day search, Koci's body was recovered the afternoon of Feb. 20 on the shoreline at Wilder Ranch State Park, located near the University of California, Santa Cruz.
According to the sheriff's office, Koci was pronounced dead at the scene.
Trending In: Local
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- Teen swims length of Lake Tahoe for charity
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- Truckee plane crash survivor faces long road to recovery
- Proposal to FCC could threaten small internet providers