Truckee man, 54, drowns in Pacific Ocean near Santa Cruz
February 27, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The body of a local man who was reported missing for a week washed ashore from the Pacific Ocean in Santa Cruz County on Saturday, officials said.
Peter Koci, 54, of Truckee, reportedly went searching for sea glass near Davenport Beach in Davenport, Calif., on Feb. 13 with a friend, according to the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office.
The friend told officers he last saw Koci walking on the beach to reportedly find a restroom.
After a several-day search, Koci's body was recovered the afternoon of Feb. 20 on the shoreline at Wilder Ranch State Park, located near the University of California, Santa Cruz.
According to the sheriff's office, Koci was pronounced dead at the scene.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)