Truckee Police Logs, Dec. 17-24, 2012
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Dec. 17-24, along with previously unreported incidents.
• An unknown suspect entered victim’s garage and took victim’s ladder without knowledge or consent from the victim.
• A citizen turned in a wallet she found in the downtown area. The victim was later located and arrangements have been made for the wallet to be returned to her.
• Officers took a report of single vehicle rollover collision with minor injuries in Glenshire at Highway 267.
• A subject was arrested for public intoxication on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers took a report of two vehicle collision on Donner Lake Road at Cedar Point Drive. The passenger had complaint of shoulder pain. An informational report was taken for insurance purposes.
• Officers reported to a traffic collision on Highway 267 at Brockway. One of the drivers was cited for being unlicensed.
• Truckee Police officers responded to a local grocery store for an intoxicated subject located in the restroom. The subject was subsequently arrested for public intoxication.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation and was found to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked at Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• Officers did a welfare check on a subject, who was possibly under the influence of drugs. Upon contacting the subject, he displayed obvious signs of being under the influence of a stimulant. The subject was arrested and booked into Nevada County Jail.
• A vehicle was traveling to fast for the conditions and slid into a street sign, causing minor damage to the vehicle. Nobody was injured, and report was taken. The incident occurred on Donner Pass Road.
• Mother and son got in an argument on Glenshire Drive at Donner Pass Road. The son ran away. He was later located and returned.
• Several vehicles were towed after obstructing snow removal in the downtown area.
• Officers were dispatched to a reported disturbance at residence on Zurich Place. An investigation revealed that a domestic battery had occurred and a female was arrested. She was booked into the Truckee jail without incident.
• A vehicle was found abandoned on Ponderosa Road, on the side of a narrow roadway blocking the traffic and disrupting snow removal. The vehicle was towed.
• A man was attempting to help a disabled vehicle and got involved in a verbal argument with a passing tow truck driver. Man stated that the tow truck driver bumped him with his truck. Evidence and witness statements contradicted his claim. Report was taken for information only.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.