Truckee Police logs, Feb. 11-23
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for February 11-23, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Two subjects entered a business on Donner Pass Road and took two items without paying. The subjects were unable to be located. Due to lack of suspect information the case was suspended.
Support Local Journalism
• Officers reported a solo vehicle hit and run collision with minor property damage on Brockway Road at Martis Valley Road.
• Officers reported a student had lit an object in a classroom. It was determined the juvenile lit a piece of paper on fire and quickly blew it out. The school and the juvenile’s parent disciplined the juvenile. The report was taken for documentation only.
• An unknown suspect damaged the passenger side window of the victim’s vehicle.
• Father of juvenile reported a case of possible child abuse at their daycare on Martis Valley Road. An investigation revealed no evidence of abuse. The case was documented for informational purposes.
• Items were stolen out of vehicle while in parking lot on Deerfield Drive. There is no suspect information or leads.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute in progress on Purple Sage Road. Upon arrival, officers determined no domestic battery had occurred. However, the female half was taken into custody for public intoxication.
• Traffic collision occurred between a vehicle and skateboarder on Donner Pass Road at Summit Drive. Both parties left the scene prior to police arrival. The driver of the vehicle contacted the Police Department at 8 p.m. to report what happened.
• Truckee Police Department received a Child Protective Services referral for suspected child abuse on Swiss Lane. An investigation revealed no evidence of child abuse. The case was documented for informational purposes only.
• Officers responded to signal of possible intoxicated driver traveling northbound on Highway 267. Officers initiated a traffic stop and found the driver to be operating a motor vehicle while impaired on alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked into Nevada County Jail.
• A subject phoned in to the Police Department to report a lost cellphone.
• An intoxicated female was arrested for public intoxication on Jibboom Street at Spring Street. Booking search revealed small amount of cocaine. The subject was booked at Nevada County Sheriff Office in Truckee without incident.
• Officers reported a theft of outdoor patio tables from open shopping area on Donner Pass Road. There is no suspect information.
• Officers took a report of single vehicle DUI collision with no passengers. The driver was injured. The accident appeared on Brockway Road at Estates Drive. The driver was treated at Tahoe Forest Hospital and then booked.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations on Highway 267 at Highway 80. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A subject was caught shoplifting by loss prevention officer. Search of subject turned up controlled substance. The subject was cited and released.
• A local restaurant was burglarized by unknown suspect(s) and a mirror in the restaurant was vandalized. The incident occurred on Donner Pass Road. Report was taken.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation on Donner Pass Road at Meadow Way. The driver admitted to drinking. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Multiple residents reported numerous shots being fired in the area of Sierra Drive. After an investigation, no physical evidence of a shooter was located.
• Officers reported a hit and run collision with minor damage on Whitehorse Road. The suspect is unknown.
• Officers responded to a possible suicidal subject in possession of a knife who had threatened his mother in law. The subject was located and arrested for making criminal threats.
• Officers took a report of two-vehicle minor injury collision on West River Street.
• Officers reported a single vehicle rollover collision on Glenshire Drive. The driver lost control of vehicle on ice and rolled the vehicle onto side.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was found to be driving on a suspended license. The driver was cited and released.
• 911 caller reported a severely drunken individual attempting to fix his truck and drive away. Upon arrival, the subject was backing the vehicle in a parking lot. Contact was made with the driver who was found to be DUI.
• A subject was reported having a semi-automatic rifle walking down Palisade Street. The subject was contacted at his house and he said was using the gun for protection against coyotes.
• Keys were located on Truckee Airport Road that belong to arrested subject. The keys were booked into property for safe keeping.
• A vehicle was repossessed from Dulzura Street. The vehicle was entered in the system by dispatch.
• Officers reported a single vehicle rollover accident on Glenshire Drive at Highland Avenue. Information report was taken for insurance purposes.
• Officers contacted two drunk female subjects who were involved in a heated argument in front of a bar. Upon contact, one female became physically assaultive toward officers including attempting to hit, kick and scratch officers. The female suspect was arrested and booked and booked for drunk in public, resisting arrest and a assault on a police officer.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.