Truckee Police Logs: Feb. 25-March 17
March 25, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Feb. 25 to March 17, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers took a report of single vehicle collision with minor injuries to the driver. The driver was issued DMV Priority Re-examination.
• An injured deer was dispatched with the shotgun on Glenshire Drive just east of Highland Drive, after the deer had been by a vehicle.
• Small amount of marijuana and hashish was booked for destruction.
Recommended Stories For You
• Subject turned in 22 caliber rifle and ammo to the police department for destruction.
• Victim received suspicious email and responded to providing comprehensive identification information. No fraudulent attempts have been made at this time.
• A probation check was conducted on Boca Street. During the search, weapons were located. The weapon were recovered and booked into evidence and the case was forwarded to Nevada County Probation.
• Victim of a theft contacted the police to file a report. Sometime during the last week, the victim's utility dump trailer was stolen from the street in front of his construction building on Business Park Drive.
• Truckee Police Department Canine Unit assisted California Highway Patrol with a narcotics trafficking investigation. Bulk of controlled substances was discovered, and three suspects were arrested for drug related charges.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Subject was questioned regarding animal case on Donner Pass Road. The subject had a misdemeanor warrant and was arrested.
• Nevada County Sheriff's Office received a domestic violence restraining order for what appeared to be domestic violence that had not been investigated. Truckee Police conducted an investigation and one subject was arrested for domestic battery. The incident occurred on Waters Way.
• Suspicious subject was located in the area. The subject was identified with an out of country warrant. The subject was cited and released.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violation and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• The front door of a residence was pried open on Hansel Avenue. Nothing in the residence was disturbed; it appears the alarm deterred furtherance of the burglary.
• Residential burglary occurred during the last month on Solvang Way. Entry appeared to have been made through an unsecured door. The residence appeared to have been inhabited by the suspect during the burglary.
• Officers took a report of single vehicle non-injury collision involving a fire hydrant on Northwoods Boulevard.
• Vehicle was reported as being left abandoned on the hospital helicopter pad. The vehicle was stored.
• Unknown suspect(s) entered victim's vehicle and took golf clubs without the knowledge or consent of the victim. The theft occurred on Palisades Drive.
• Officers took a report of theft of a wallet from an unlocked vehicle on Worchester Cir.
• Reporting party wanted to report vandalism to his work vehicle while it was parked on Riverside Drive during the evening hours. There is no suspect information and the reporting party wanted the incident documented for informational purposes.
• Nevada County Probation requested a juvenile on probation to be arrested after he removed his GPS ankle bracelet in violation of a court order. The juvenile was located and arrested. The GPS bracelet was also located.
• Driver was stopped for a reported theft from a business on Donner Pass Road. The driver was subsequently driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested for DUI.
• Officers were dispatched to a report of vandalism on Waters Way. The victim reported hearing glass break and finding a rock thrown threw her living room window. There is no suspect information.
• Truant was cited and release to parents.
• Reporting party reported vandalism to his vehicle parked on Beacon Road. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• An anonymous reporting party reported a backpack with marijuana was discovered at a neighborhood clubhouse on Martis Valley Road. The backpack was recovered and the marijuana was booked for destruction.
• A possible theft call on Donner Pass Road led to a felony warrant arrest.
• A woman with three children in her vehicle was involved in a DUI collision. She was arrested for DUI and child endangerment.
• Truckee Police Department Canine Unit assisted California Highway Patrol with narcotics trafficking investigation. Bulk US currency was located, disclaimed and seized.
• Driver in a traffic stop had a misdemeanor warrant for failure to appear. The driver was cited and released in the field.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Driver was observed making multiple vehicle code violations by off duty officer. The vehicle was stopped by California Highway Patrol and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• A male juvenile fled from officers when he was contacted on high school grounds after hours. The juvenile was ultimately located and was cited and released to his parents.
• Reporting party called because a subject was driving and appeared very intoxicated. Upon officer contact, the subject was outside the vehicle in the street. The subject refused to comply with commands by officers. The subject was arrested for public intoxication. The subject was later presumed to be under the influence of a controlled substance.
• Reporting party discovered vandalism to his two vehicles. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• Juvenile was found to be in possession of marijuana pipe. The juvenile was cited and released to parents.
• Suspect re-wired his electrical and re-plumbed his water after they were shut off due to non payment. Report was forwarded to the District Attorney.
• Mother of suspended student contacted juvenile that she felt was responsible for the suspension of her son. A verbal argument ensued and the police was called.
• Officers responded to a disturbance at a daycare provider. The dispute involved the daycare provider and parent who picking up his children and suffering from mental issues. The parent was located and assessed but was eventually released.
• Officers took a report of hit and run accident in the downtown area of Truckee. The responsible part fled the scene and was not located.
• Husband and wife got into verbal argument on Pine Forest Road. Report was taken for information only.
• After being freshly served with a domestic violence restraining order, the subject returned to within 100 yards of the residence violating the order. The subject was arrested for the violation.
• Driver was stopped for weaving and it was determined to be DUI. The driver was arrested.
• Officers initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle swaying into oncoming traffic. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence.
• Subject was cited and released for purchasing alcohol for an underage teenager.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation and was arrested for DUI.
• A driver was stopped for expired tabs on vehicle. The driver was found to be on court summary probation stipulating he cannot refuse BAC test of drive with alcohol in blood. A test confirmed he had alcohol in his system but was not DUI. The driver was issued a temporary drivers license.
• Following a traffic stop for a minor vehicle code violation, the driver was determined to be driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked for DUI.
• A vehicle was abandoned after it drove into a ditch. The vehicle was towed.
• Officers took a report of two-vehicle minor injury collision.