Truckee Police Logs, Feb. 4-11
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Feb.4-11, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A suspect took victim’s check book out of his office on Donner Pass Road, forged a check and cashed it at a local bank without the knowledge or consent of the victim.
• A loss prevention agent reported two subjects entering the store and taking an item without paying. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney for prosecution.
• Officers took a report of vandalized vehicle while parked at the local business. An unknown suspect “keyed” the vehicle, which cost $400 in damage.
• A juvenile was contacted at Truckee High School and was found to be under the influence of marijuana.
• Officers contacted a suspect on active felony probation on Frond Road. The subject was arrested for violation of his probation terms.
• Officers reported a theft of license plate off a parked vehicle on Skislope Way.
• A vehicle hit a parked car in a parking lot on Donner Pass Road. The vehicle fled the scene without leaving information. The driver was later located and information was provided.
• Officers took a report of lost wallet at a local gas station on Deerfield Drive.
• A vehicle was stopped for a vehicle code violation on Highway 89 South at Interstate 80. The driver was cited for driving on suspended driving license.
• Officers took a report of a broken vehicle window on waters Way. Nothing was taken, there is no suspect information.
• A subject caused disturbance on a Greyhound bus. The subject was arrested for drunk in public and later released without charges.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation Highway 89 North at Rainbow Drive. The driver admitted drinking. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Mother called 911 and reported her sons were in a physical fight and one had used a knife in the fight. Investigation determined suspect had assaulted his brother with a kitchen knife. The suspect had fled the residence prior to officer’s arrival. The suspect was later located and arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
• Officers took a report of theft of property from unlocked vehicle on Donner Pass Road. There is no suspect information at this time.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation on Pioneer Trail. The driver was given a citation for driving with a suspended license.