Truckee Police Logs, Feb. 4-11
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Feb.4-11, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A suspect took victim’s check book out of his office on Donner Pass Road, forged a check and cashed it at a local bank without the knowledge or consent of the victim.
• A loss prevention agent reported two subjects entering the store and taking an item without paying. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney for prosecution.
• Officers took a report of vandalized vehicle while parked at the local business. An unknown suspect “keyed” the vehicle, which cost $400 in damage.
• A juvenile was contacted at Truckee High School and was found to be under the influence of marijuana.
• Officers contacted a suspect on active felony probation on Frond Road. The subject was arrested for violation of his probation terms.
• Officers reported a theft of license plate off a parked vehicle on Skislope Way.
• A vehicle hit a parked car in a parking lot on Donner Pass Road. The vehicle fled the scene without leaving information. The driver was later located and information was provided.
• Officers took a report of lost wallet at a local gas station on Deerfield Drive.
• A vehicle was stopped for a vehicle code violation on Highway 89 South at Interstate 80. The driver was cited for driving on suspended driving license.
• Officers took a report of a broken vehicle window on waters Way. Nothing was taken, there is no suspect information.
• A subject caused disturbance on a Greyhound bus. The subject was arrested for drunk in public and later released without charges.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation Highway 89 North at Rainbow Drive. The driver admitted drinking. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Mother called 911 and reported her sons were in a physical fight and one had used a knife in the fight. Investigation determined suspect had assaulted his brother with a kitchen knife. The suspect had fled the residence prior to officer’s arrival. The suspect was later located and arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
• Officers took a report of theft of property from unlocked vehicle on Donner Pass Road. There is no suspect information at this time.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation on Pioneer Trail. The driver was given a citation for driving with a suspended license.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User