Truckee Police Logs: Jan. 14-21
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police press log for Jan. 14-21.
• Reporting party reported grandparents came to visit granddaughter without permission. Report was taken for information only.
• A subject reported a violation of a court order on Dorchester Drive. Nobody was able to provide a court order and report was taken for information only.
• Officers reported a natural death on Moraine Road.
• A citizen flagged down officers about a drunk male in a parking lot on Donner Pass Road. The male was contacted and it was determined to be drunk in public and was arrested.
• Officers reported two vehicle non-injury collision. One of the drivers had suspended driver’s license.
• Truckee Police Department Canine Unit assisted California Highway Patrol with a vehicle stop. A narcotics investigation resulted in locating controlled substances for sale and an illegal weapon. One suspect gave false information to police officers. Three suspects were arrested.
• Reporting party advised officers her ex-boyfriend violated a restraining order.
• Juvenile was found in possession of prescription medication not in his name. The juvenile was cited and released to parents.
• Two men were involved in a verbal argument with brief physical contact in a grocery store parking lot on Donner Pass Road. Informational report was taken.
• A head on traffic collision occurred on Glenshire Drive resulting in multiple injuries.
• Victim reported graffiti spray painted on the side of her house on Northwoods Boulevard.
• A vehicle was stopped for brake light out. After a vehicle search the driver was found to be in possession of prescription pills without a prescription for them.
• A subject was contacted after a report of a fight in downtown. The subject was found to be too intoxicated to care for himself and had an out of county warrant and was arrested.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violation and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation and the driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
• Officers were dispatched to a residence regarding domestic dispute. Upon arrival, officers determined the aggressor of the fight based on statements made by the involved parties and witness. The aggressor was arrested and booked in the Nevada County Jail.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.