Truckee Police Logs, Jan. 9-13
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Jan. 9-13, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Vehicle was stopped for a vehicle code violation and the driver was arrested for out of county warrant.
• Officers responded to an assault call at an establishment on Bridge Street. Two subjects were involved in a physical altercation. One subject was arrested.
• Parents located their juvenile child running out behind a neighbor’s residence on Somerset Drive. The juvenile had work gloves on, a hatchet in his hands and a flashlight. Investigation conducted and the hatchet and flashlight came from the neighbor’s garage. The juvenile was arrested for burglary.
• An intoxicated female subject took a cab to Tahoe Donner and could not locate the residence of a friend. The female became belligerent with the cab driver and was arrested for being intoxicated in public.
• A Tahoe Donner resident sent a semi-threatening letter to the Tahoe Donner board members. Contact was made with the resident and he apologized and insisted he did not mean for the letter to sound threatening. Report was taken for documentation only.
• Two juveniles were caught shoplifting on Donner Pass Road. The juveniles were cited and released to family members.
• A subject attempted third party contact with his son who is currently a protected party in restraining order.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was possibly under the influence of marijuana. DUI investigation was conducted and the driver was released, negative DUI.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. Marijuana was found in the vehicle and the driver was cited for possession of marijuana.
• A vehicle was parked on a corner, blocking traffic, creating traffic hazard and parked in front of a fire hydrant. The vehicle was towed and stored.
• A vehicle was blocking a driveway and was also in the town right of way. A tow truck was dispatched but the owners arrived and quickly moved the vehicle before its arrival.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Two subjects entered a neighbor’s residence to take the keys to his vehicle and took the vehicle without permission. The vehicle was later located driving and was stopped. The two occupants were arrested on numerous chargers. The theft occurred on Moraine Road.
• Officers took a report of vandalism in the form of tagging on private property on Glenshire Drive. There is no suspect information.
• A subject was contacted and arrested for public intoxication on Donner Pass Road.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User