Truckee Police Logs, May 6-23
June 26, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for May 6-23, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Multiple students claimed to have been offered cocaine for sale by a fellow student at the school. The student was interviewed and denied making statements. No narcotics were located.
• Burglary suspect entered a business on Deerfield and attempted to defraud the business out of money by making multiple change requests. The suspect's efforts were thwarted by an alert clerk.
• A vehicle was stopped for mechanical violation. The driver was a Parolee at Large and used a false driver's license of another to avoid identification. The driver and the passenger were arrested.
Recommended Stories For You
• Business on Donner Pass Road had the front window broken by an unknown suspect. No entry was made.
• Extra patrol was conducted at one of the local bus stops because of complaints of transients drinking alcohol. One male was intoxicated and was arrested for drunk in public.
• Subject was golfing on Fairway Drive and abruptly fell over, apparently suffering a heart attack. The subject was transported to the hospital and later was pronounced deceased.
• Reporting party advised that over the winter, expensive plumbing fixtures were removed and stolen from victim's facility on Joerger Drive. Plumbing fixtures were made of brass. Thefts were consistent with other similar thefts from golf course.
• Staff reported a kayak belonging to a member as stolen. Staff indicated the kayak was stolen from a shed containing multiple kayaks some time during the past two months.
• Canine unit assisted CHP with a narcotics trafficking investigation. A positive canine alert lead to the discovery of bulk marijuana and cash. One suspect was arrested for drug trafficking related charges.
• Officers responded to a report of theft on Donner Pass Road. The suspect fled from the scene and the business did not request prosecution. Report was taken for information only.
• Citizen reported an intoxicated male in the Gateway bus shelter. A male subject was contacted and ultimately arrested for public intoxication.
• Canine unit assisted CHP with a narcotics trafficking investigation. A positive alert lead to seizure of bulk US currency.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. Juvenile passengers were found to be in possession of alcohol and marijuana. Parties were cited and released to parents.
• Subject stole two pairs of gloves from a store on Palisades Drive. The subject was contacted and was arrested for theft and public intoxication.
• Wrecked, abandoned, and partially sunk sailboat was recovered from Donner Lake. Utah registration was more than 14 years expired and there was no additional identification on the boat. Report was taken.
• Officers took a report of two subjects riding their ATV on private property causing damage to the land and fencing. The victim did not want to press charges, and the suspects agreed to handle cleanup.
• A subject was contacted in Regional Park and was found to be too intoxicated to care for his own welfare. The subject was booked for public intoxication for the third consecutive day.
• While doing foot patrol on Brockway, officers located graffiti. It is unknown when the vandalism took place.
• A subject was contacted in a store on Donner Pass Road, where he was previously informed he was no longer welcome. The subject was intoxicated and unable to care for himself.
• A subject was seen loitering in the parking lot of a small business on West River Street. The subject was found to be intoxicated and confrontational. The subject was subsequently arrested.
• A store manager found a small bag of cocaine on the ground near a checkout machine.
• Suspect was found to be drunk in public and unable to care for himself. The suspect was arrested, medically cleared and booked.
• During an animal control investigation, a small amount of dog feces were located inside a bedroom on Martis Valley Road. Report was taken for information only.
• Officers responded to a business on Donner Pass Road for a shoplifter in custody. The subject was cited and released for petty theft.
• Officers took a report of solo bike collision with minor injuries.
• An unknown suspect used victim's social security number to open a Verizon Wireless account.
• Officers contacted a man sleeping in a bus stop with a knife. The subject was arrested and booked for public intoxication.
• Officers conducted a probation search on a local probationer. During the search, a small amount of concentrated cannabis was located. The subject was cited and released per the request of Nevada County Probation.
• Subject repeatedly called 911 in non-emergency situation even after being advised to use the non-emergency lines. The subject was contacted and was found to be under the influence of alcohol. The subject was arrested for violation of court order.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Driver was reported to be possibly DUI. The subject was contacted and admitted to be driving with child in the vehicle. The subject was determined to be DUI and was arrested. Officers also located a bundle of cocaine on search.
• Officers responded to a physical altercation between two male adults on west River Street. The suspect brandished a knife during the confrontation. The victim did not desire prosecution; however, the suspect was arrested for public intoxication and outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
• Officer was dispatched to a 911 call on Northwoods Boulevard, where screaming and yelling could be heard. On call back, a juvenile was heard asking for help. Officer arrived and determined a domestic violence situation has occurred in the presence of two juveniles. Officer determined the aggressor and arrest was made.
• An unknown suspect broke inside a home on Northwoods Boulevard and took a computer.
• Officer observed a subject staggering on a sidewalk having a hard time maintaining his balance while walking. Officer contacted the subject who was arrested without incident for public intoxication.
• Officers contacted a subject for an open container violation. An investigation determined the subject to be in possession of prescription drugs not belonging to him. The subject was arrested and booked at Truckee Jail.
• Wanted subject was arrested and booked without further incident.
• A subject was contacted due to loud argument. Report was taken for information only.
• Subject who was wanted for arrest warrants from Sacramento arrived at the hospital on a stolen motorcycle. The motorcycle was also found with altered license plates. The subject was contacted the following day and was arrested.
• During contact with unknown subject on the side of roadway, subject was found to be intoxicated and physically resisted responding officers. The subject was subsequently arrested, transported to the hospital for medical clearance and was booked.
• Illegal fire was reported to Truckee Fire Department on Highway 89 South. Transient camp was located with one suspect in camp with campfire. The transient was arrested for being intoxicated in public and having fire on private land without permission.
• During a traffic enforcement stop for vehicle code violations, the vehicle's license plate was confirmed as stolen. The driver was also found in possession of metal knuckles and was subsequently arrested.
• Reporting party called to report a physical altercation between two patrons at a bar on Donner Pass Road. Upon police arrival, one of the involved subjects was found in possession of controlled substance and an outstanding warrant. The subject was subsequently arrested and transported to the hospital for medical clearance and then was booked. The other involved subject was unidentified and fled the area prior the police arrival.
• Boyfriend and girlfriend argued and physically fought on Deerfield Drive. The male was determined to be the aggressor and was arrested for domestic violence.
• A physical altercation was reported at a local downtown bar which resulted in the victim losing consciousness and seeking medical assistance at the hospital. The suspect had fled on foot. An investigation led to positive ID of suspect and he was arrested.
• Officers took a report of bear breaking into garbage boxes on Wolfgang Road. The bear was diverted.
• An intoxicated subject was causing disturbance in front of a bar on Donner Pass Road. He was arrested for public intoxication and was released.
Trending In: Local
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Town of Truckee: Taking over library might not be feasible
- Hi-brrr-nation: How wildlife survives in the snow
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra