Truckee Tahoe Airport receives $1.03 million grant
August 7, 2018
The Truckee Tahoe Airport is set to receive over $1.03 million from a Federal Aviation Administration grant to be used for taxiway repairs.
The U.S. Department of Transportation announced the grant last week which will award $770.8 million to airports across the country for infrastructure improvements including runways, taxiways, aprons and terminal projects.
"These Airport Improvement Grants are investments in our country's critical infrastructure," said U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao, in a press release. "This grant is a down payment to ensure Truckee-Tahoe Airport remains an economic engine as demand grows."
The Truckee Airport receives a similar grant each year to fund improvements, receiving $3,746,930 in 2016 for runway repairs. The $770.8 million grant dispersed in 2018 is the third allotment of a $3.18 billion grant in Airport Improvement Program funding.
According to a press release airports receive a certain amount of AIP entitlement funding each year based on activity levels and project needs.
Hannah Jones is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-550-2652.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Reno-Tahoe out of running to host 2030 Winter Olympic Games
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council