Truckee transient occupancy taxes can be paid online
January 30, 2018
People now have the option to file their tax return online and remit their transient occupancy tax with a credit card or online check.
The town of Truckee will still be mailed a hard copy tax return at the end of December, but will be discontinuing the quarterly paper mailings starting the end of March 2018. The move is in response to owner feedback requesting online services and Truckee's commitment to the environment.
If people would like to pay their tax online, visit http://www.townoftruckee.com/TOT. There will be an option provided to pay taxes. A credit card fee of 2.9 percent and $0.30 charge applies, or a ACH fee of 0.08 percent, which is capped at $5. Then there is no need to fill out the paper copy or mail in a check.
For people not planning to pay online, visit http://www.townoftruckee.com/TOT, and click on TOT-forms in the green side bar. Click on the single or multiple quarter return, then complete and print. Please mail all forms to the town of Truckee offices with your check by the postmarked deadline.
For any questions, contact the Transient Occupancy Tax line at (530) 582-5280.
Trending In: Local
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Westbound I-80, Route 89 lane closures
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- El Dorado sheriff deputy shoots into car to free trapped bear in South Lake Tahoe (VIDEO)