Two people, dog uninjured in Tahoe City house fire
June 10, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — A fire seriously damaged a home on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe overnight Saturday, an official said.
The two people and a dog inside were not hurt in the incident.
The North Tahoe Fire Protection District responded to the home at 495 Tamarack Lane in Tahoe City just before midnight after numerous reports of a fire, said NTFPD spokesman Dave Zaski.
"On arrival the building was 60 percent involved with fire," Zaski said.
Crews quickly put out the fire. The home "was seriously damaged," he said, but no other structures or surrounding vegetation were threatened.
"(The) occupants got out alive thanks to their dog who woke them up," Zaski said. "They spent the night at neighbors."
Recommended Stories For You
Officials from Calfire and the Meeks Bay Fire Protection District assisted, Zaski said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing