Two-vehicle collision results in 1 injury, arrest
July 30, 2015
Douglas County Sheriff's deputies have placed one person in custody following a two-vehicle collision on Highway 50 near Zephyr Point Presbyterian Conference Center around noon on Tuesday.
According to Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Karen Garretson, the driver of the at-fault vehicle had been called in as a reckless driver prior to the collision. The accident backed up traffic.
One juvenile had to be airlifted to a local hospital after being transported to a landing zone by Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District. Six people were involved in the collision.
Eric Guevin with Tahoe Douglas Fire said that the injured party was on his way to Reno for trauma management.
Garretson said that NHP has taken over investigation of the collision. As of 1 p.m. was still an active scene and details were still preliminary.
Trending In: Local
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Truckee Donner Public Utility District (VIDEO)
- Developers plan workforce housing in downtown Truckee
- Culvert repair work to impact traffic on Highway 89 between Truckee, Squaw Valley
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)