Upgrades on tap for Truckee arts center
November 21, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Users of the Community Arts Center in downtown Truckee can expect to see upgrades soon.
On Nov. 12, the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District board of directors approved new lighting for the center's auditorium, not to exceed $30,000.
Through a Truckee Donner Public Utility District's rebate program, the auditorium will get LED house and track lighting.
While installation is expected in December, a specific date is unknown, said Erin Casey, TDRPD board vice chair. Installation is expected to take a few days to complete.
Additional upgrades to auditorium seating and its sound system, backstage access, and a movie screen and projection are among other renovations being considered.
It's hoped all upgrades are completed by April, said Casey, who is also a member of the Performing Arts Project Subcommittee.
Recommended Stories For You
In May, directors voted to used $200,000 in previously allocated funds for performing arts on the center, located at 10046 Church Street.
Trending In: Local
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Truckee Donner Public Utility District (VIDEO)
- Developers plan workforce housing in downtown Truckee
- Police: Man confesses to killing girlfriend
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Tourism remains driving factor for Tahoe, Truckee economy