Writers to dedicate dream wagon at Squaw Valley
July 12, 2018
This Saturday the Community of Writers at Squaw Valley will be dedicating their new home base and office, a tiny bookstore on wheels, to Paul Radin a longtime member of the Community to commemorate his life and dedication to the organization. The Paul Radin Memorial Dream Wagon was first conceptualized last year as a way to further mobilize the Community of Writers and made possible by donations from his family.
"It's fantastic to have this. It allows us to have a big gracious bookstore that we can drive all over," said Brett Hall Jones Executive Director.
"Our bookstore can be open right there where the event happens,"she said. "It's becoming emblematic of what we do."
The dedication ceremony will take place in front of the Searchlight chair lift at Squaw Valley at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday with Paul Radin's family in attendance.
Hannah Jones is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at 530-550-2652 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million