More chances to meet the candidates
October 10, 2008
Voters will have three more chances next week to learn more about who is on the Nov. 4 ballot.
On Tuesday, Oct. 14, from 6-8 p.m., the Trucker Donner Public Utility District Board will also answer questions at the Truckee Town Hall. There are three seats open, each with a four-year term of office. Eight candidates are vying for the three seats.
The event, sponsored by a number of area groups, will also be televised on Channel 24 and streamed onto http://www.ttctv.org. The candidates will not only answer live audience questions, but also answer questions e-mailed to the Sierra Sun in advance.
Send questions to Ryan Slabaugh, Sierra Sun Executive Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Candidate Forum Question” in the subject line. The deadline for e-mailed questions Oct. 13.
For more information, please contact any of these representatives: Pat Davison, CATT at (530) 550-9999; John Eaton, MAPF at (530) 587-1492; or John Falk, TSBOR at (530) 546-4598.
A forum starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Kings Beach conference center will entertain a number of candidates, including:
Recommended Stories For You
– U.S. House of Representatives candidate Charlie Brown;
– Placer County supervisor candidate Jennifer Montgomery;
– Placer County Board of Education candidates Pam Robie Hart and Don Brophy;
– Sierra Community College Trustee candidates Elaine Rowan and John Vodonick;
– Tahoe Truckee Unified School District candidates Monty Folsom, Kirsten Livak, Lisa Mohun and Nancy Gisko;
– Truckee Tahoe Airport board candidates Connie Stevens, Mary Hetherington, Tom Van Berkem, and Kathleen Eagan;
– Tahoe City Public Utility District candidates Merrill Milner, Christine Morrow, Wendy Wood, Judy Friedman, Erik Henrikson, and Guy Perman;
– North Tahoe Public Utility District candidates Frank Mooney and Phil Thompson; and
– North Tahoe Fire Protection District candidates Richard Loverde and Tom Pandola.
Voters will also have one more chance to meet candidates at the Senior Center on Monday, Oct. 13. Those interested in attending can meet the candidates from 1-2 p.m., but are also welcome for lunch and socializing starting at 11:30. For more information, call (530) 550-7600.