More chances to meet the candidates
Voters will have three more chances next week to learn more about who is on the Nov. 4 ballot.
On Tuesday, Oct. 14, from 6-8 p.m., the Trucker Donner Public Utility District Board will also answer questions at the Truckee Town Hall. There are three seats open, each with a four-year term of office. Eight candidates are vying for the three seats.
The event, sponsored by a number of area groups, will also be televised on Channel 24 and streamed onto http://www.ttctv.org. The candidates will not only answer live audience questions, but also answer questions e-mailed to the Sierra Sun in advance.
Send questions to Ryan Slabaugh, Sierra Sun Executive Editor, at email@example.com. Please put “Candidate Forum Question” in the subject line. The deadline for e-mailed questions Oct. 13.
For more information, please contact any of these representatives: Pat Davison, CATT at (530) 550-9999; John Eaton, MAPF at (530) 587-1492; or John Falk, TSBOR at (530) 546-4598.
A forum starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Kings Beach conference center will entertain a number of candidates, including:
– U.S. House of Representatives candidate Charlie Brown;
– Placer County supervisor candidate Jennifer Montgomery;
– Placer County Board of Education candidates Pam Robie Hart and Don Brophy;
– Sierra Community College Trustee candidates Elaine Rowan and John Vodonick;
– Tahoe Truckee Unified School District candidates Monty Folsom, Kirsten Livak, Lisa Mohun and Nancy Gisko;
– Truckee Tahoe Airport board candidates Connie Stevens, Mary Hetherington, Tom Van Berkem, and Kathleen Eagan;
– Tahoe City Public Utility District candidates Merrill Milner, Christine Morrow, Wendy Wood, Judy Friedman, Erik Henrikson, and Guy Perman;
– North Tahoe Public Utility District candidates Frank Mooney and Phil Thompson; and
– North Tahoe Fire Protection District candidates Richard Loverde and Tom Pandola.
Voters will also have one more chance to meet candidates at the Senior Center on Monday, Oct. 13. Those interested in attending can meet the candidates from 1-2 p.m., but are also welcome for lunch and socializing starting at 11:30. For more information, call (530) 550-7600.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User