No one hurt in Truckee garage fire | SierraSun.com
YOUR AD HERE »

No one hurt in Truckee garage fire

Staff report

TRUCKEE, Calif. — No one was hurt in a Saturday morning fire that broke out in a detached garage at 12710 Parker Road in Truckee, officials said.

Crews with the Truckee Fire Protection District responded to the fire at approximately 7:25 a.m. and found that neighbors had awoken the residents from the house and were attempting to extinguish the fire, according to a press release.

After putting out the blaze, fire crews deemed it as accidental. According to the press release, the day before, a resident of the home had stained doors and placed oily rags in a plastic trash can inside the garage.

Residents should dispose of oily rags properly by placing them in a metal container with a lid or in a bucket with water, or spread them out on a noncombustible surface to dry before disposing of them, officials said.

For more information on oily rags and spontaneous combustion, call Truckee Fire at 530-582-7853.


Support Local Journalism

 

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User