North Shore crime logs, Oct. 1-25
TAHOE CITY, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for Oct. 1-25.
• At 6 p.m. on the 8700 Block of Steelhead Avenue in Kings Beach, male neighbors engaged in a verbal altercation, which escalated into an alleged assault with a deadly weapon. The victim wished prosecution, but visible marks were not found.
• At 9 p.m. on the 200 Block of Coon Street in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect broke the windshield wiper off victim’s vehicle.
• At 1 p.m. on the 8000 Block of Steelhead Avenue, a suspect was caught illegally dumping a mattress, a bed frame and a TV in front of a school.
• At 12:45 a.m. in Tahoma, a very intoxicated subject was arrested for drunk in public after causing a disturbance and yelling at cars at the road construction site.
• At 1:30 a.m. on the 1900 Block of Squaw Valley Road in Olympic Valley, a male subject was arrested for assault and battery pursuant to a fight at a local bar.
• At 9:30 a.m. on the 8600 Block of Golden Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect broke into victim’s vehicle sometime overnight and removed personal property.
• At 2 p.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect drank a bottle of Makers Mark 46 in the bathroom of a grocery store.
• At 6:30 p.m. on the 4800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Carnelian Bay, numerous reports were taken of a female stumbling in and out of the highway. Officers arrested her for public intoxication.
• At 6 p.m. on Dolly Varden Avenue in kings Beach, a subject was taken in protective custody when he was found highly intoxicated with his pants around his ankles.
• At 6:30 p.m. on the 7000 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect removed a victim’s dingy from his property.
• At 7 p.m. on the 500 Block of Nightingale Road in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole the tow hitch off a victim’s vehicle.
• At 12:45 p.m. on the 4000 Block of Flick Street in Carnelian Bay, two roommates ensued in a physical altercation, but neither of them desired prosecution.
• At 2:45 p.m. on the 8300 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect spray painted gang-related graffiti on a public building.
• At 6 p.m. on the 6700 Block of West lake Boulevard in Tahoma, a possible known suspect stole firewood from victim’s property.
• At 3 a.m. on the 8600 Block of Rainbow Avenue in Kings Beach, a subject was issued a promise to appear on a Placer County warrant.
• Sometime overnight on the 200 Block of Coon Street in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect tagged graffiti on a public bathroom.
• At 7 p.m. in Lahontan area of Truckee, an unknown suspect removed victim’s wallet out of her unlocked vehicle.
• At 10 a.m. on the 7000 Block of Highlands View in Truckee, officers arrested a male subject for failing to register as a sex offender.
• Sometime overnight on the 8600 Block of Loch Levon Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect removed thousands of dollars worth of handmade jewelry out of victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• At 3:30 pm on the 8400 Block of Loch Levon Avenue in Kings Beach, an assault between brother and sister occurred, but there was no prosecution desired.
• At 3:30 pm on the 6600 Block of Donner Road in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect removed wallet from victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• At 3:30 pm on the 200 Block of Beaver Street in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect took a change jar and skateboard from victim’s residence while she was on vacation.
• At 2:30 pm on Highway 28 at Rocky Ridge Road in Tahoe City, a report of a male subject hitting another subject with a vehicle turned out to be false, but the subject was arrested for a parole violation.
• Sometime overnight on the 8700 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect removed a wallet from a victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• Sometime overnight on the 500 Block of Beaver Street in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect removed electronic gadgets from a victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• At 12:45 am on the 13000 Block of Highlands View in Truckee, officers issued a citizen’s arrest to a male subject for battery and vandalism after the subject slapped an employee in the face. Officers added drunk in public charge as well.
• At 10:30 pm on Deer Street and rainbow Avenue in Kings Beach, a large group of males engaged in a physical fight. Two subjects were sent to the hospital after getting assaulted with a wooden board. No arrested were made at this point.
• At 8:30 pm on the 1900 Block of Squaw valley Road in Olympic Valley, the victim realized her jewelry was missing after spending the night in a local hotel.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Nevada County recorded 702 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday making the new total 12,050. There were 1,384 active cases, 849 more than the previous Friday.