September 16, 2015
Allen Travis, beloved father and friend passed away on September 2nd, 2015 in his home in Kings Beach, California at the age of 47. Al made Tahoe a more beautiful place, with his quick smile, a friendly wave and his loving heart. A modern renaissance man, Al was trained in the classic Tahoe arts of bartending and Forest fire fighting as well as owning and operating his own painting business. Al's greatest achievements were in the areas of fatherhood and friendship. Al would never hesitate to open his home to a friend in need, he had a heart of gold, a mind full of big ideas, and always chose to bet the over. A graduate of Marysville High School, Al is survived by his son Dylan Travis, daughter Jasmine Wakeman, his sisters Susan Travis and Dana Bertagna, and his niece Lilyana Travis. Funeral services will be held in Strawberry Valley, CA on Saturday, September 19th 11:30 am at the Strawberry Valley Cemetery in Yuba County and also a Celebration of Life Memorial at 548 Brassie Avenue in Kings Beach, CA on Saturday, September 26th at 1:00 pm. Donations to the Al Travis Memorial Fund can be made at any Bank of the West branch.
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work