Barbara Ellen Shane
September 27, 2016
June 26, 1921 – September 18, 2016
Barbara lived 95 years full of challenges, adventures, and travel and she did it all her way. Born in Eustis, Maine she was proud to be a Yankee. Her and her husband Buck, lived and worked in the Truckee area for many years. In 1995 she moved to the Sonoma area, where she lived until she moved to Modesto, California in 2001. Barbara was a lifelong member of the Evangeline Chapter #9 Order of the Easter Star.
She was preceded in death by her husband Clayton "Buck" Shane and her sister Edith Farley. Surviving family members include: her daughter Sally J. Ehrenholm, her grandson's Bradly Ehrenholm, Bryan Ehrenholm, nephews Tracy Shane, Kelly Shane, Mahlan Farley, and great granddaughters Kate and Jenna Ehrenholm.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges