In Loving Memory of Gerald E. Cochran, M.D.
January 24, 2018
Dr. Gerald E. Cochran has passed away at his home in Incline Village, NV.
He is survived by Dixie, his wife and lifelong companion, his children Kimberly Ferguson, Gavin Cochran, Jean Gore and James Cochran; grandchildren, Jessica & Max Ferguson, Griffin & Gabe Cochran, Joe, Dan and Jamie Gore, Katie & Tripp Cochran, and 5 great grandchildren.
Dr. Cochran was a veteran of World War II. He graduated from the University of Washington Medical School in 1961. He completed 2 years of residency in Orange County, CA. He began private practice in 1963 in Cloverdale and Healdsburg, CA. He, his wife Dixie, and children moved to Incline Village in 1978. He started private practice in 1979 when there were very few services and no hospitals in town. He equipped his office to accommodate for emergencies. He was very grateful for all the warmth and appreciation he had received from patients, friends and colleagues. He loved playing golf, reading, and spending time with family.
We will always carry your memory in our hearts, you will be dearly missed. A celebration of life will be planned for a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to a charity of your choice.
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill