September 19, 2017
Marion Ames, age 83; passed away peacefully at her home on August 25, 2017 in Elk Grove, CA surrounded by her family.
She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA where she met Gael Ames. Their romance was developed in letters written back in forth while Gael was serving in the Air Force during the Korean War. They made a wonderful life together with travel, and calling the West shore of Tahoe their home. After Gael passed away in 1985, Marion continued to call Tahoe/Truckee her home. She was the Tahoe Truckee High School Cafeteria Lady and often shared fond stories.
After retirement, she moved to Elk Grove and made many new friends.
Her overarching achievement was her family. She was very active in the lives of all who needed help. Surviving are her children: Julie (Tim) Allen, Steve Ames, and Bonnie (Dustin) Williams, grandchildren Dan, Sarah and Jessica Allen, Jason and Tara Ames, Shelby, Ashley, Brandon, Travis and Jherico Williams, along with 11 great-grandchildren who lovingly called her Gee-Gee Ma. Loving Aunt to Karen, Candie, Joe and Jan who are the children of her beloved sister Margie Naegli. Sister in law to Wanda Ames and LaVerne Olding with nieces and nephew Claire, Jolaine, and Bill.
You will be missed until we see you in Heaven.
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill