Obituary: Angel L. Malave
June 11, 2015
Angel L. Malave, 54, beloved manager of the Homewood Post Office, died suddenly on April 29, 2015, at his home in Tahoe City.
Angel was born in New York City and lived in Teaneck, New Jersey for 32 years before moving to Tahoe. He served as a Sergeant in the Marine Corps for seven years and worked for UPS in Secaucus, NJ, for 14 years.
He is survived by his parents, Angel and Gloria Malave of Toms River, NJ; a brother, Robert, and his wife Laura Porter-Malave of Toms River, NJ; and a sister Barbara Malave-Pfaff and her husband, Bill Pfaff, of Bartow, FL. In addition he leaves behind three nieces, Lynda, Nina, and Lia and three nephews, Nikko, Matthew, and Lucas.
The Homewood Community will hold a Celebration of Life for Angel on June 20, 11 a.m., at Homewood Mountain Resort South Lodge. Please bring your favorite memories to share and a chair or blanket for seating. Please let us know you're coming by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The family suggests donations to the Wounded Warrior Project at https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra