Obituary: Blanche Joyce Williams
June 10, 2015
Blanche Joyce Williams died April 30, 2015, after a gastrointestinal illness. She was 91. Born Blanche Stanford on March 30, 1924, in Spokane, WA she married Mack A. Williams on April 7, 1942.
Blanche moved to Truckee in January 1994. She lived for years at the Truckee Donner Senior Apartments where she enjoyed cards, crafts and social activities. In 2012 she moved to Extended Care Facility in Truckee and loved Bingo and worship.
She was a loving, patient and kind wife, mother, grandmother and sister. Her zest for life was amazing.
She is survived by two of her sister Lorraine Nunziata (Michael) San Jose, CA; sons Terry Williams, Truckee and Del Williams (Colleen) Truckee; grandchildren Marco G. Williams (Jen) Fallbrook, CA; Terri Leigh Lopez (Rene) Truckee; Jimmy M. Williams (Rachel) Erie, PA; great-grandchildren Lexie and Adelyn Lopez (Truckee); and beloved friend Richard Dustin, Truckee.
Proceeded in death by her son Richard V. Williams (LasVegas, NV); husband Mack A. Williams (Sandy Valley, NV). Services at Truckee Lutheran Presbyterian Church, 11662 Hope Court, Truckee on May 14th at 10:00 a.m.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020