Obituary: Brittney Calanne Hocking-Cangemi
May 1, 2013
Brittney Calanne Hocking-Cangemi was born in Auburn, California on Dec. 16th, 1991. She passed away unexpectedly at the young age of 21, on Sunday, April 14th, 2013.
Brittney graduated from Placer High School.
She loved water, camping, skiing, snowmobiling, playing the trumpet in the high school marching band and competing in pageants. She volunteered her time at Hot August Nights, the Genoa Candy Dance, and the Auburn Black and White Ball. Brittney worked at Goodwill of Auburn, Ca. and loved helping out wherever she could.
She is survived by her parents, Joseph Cangemi of Carson City, NV, Judith Hocking of Auburn, CA, her sister, Sabrina Hocking-Cangemi, also of Auburn, CA; Aunts Jeannie Bishop-Parise and family in Reno, NV, Joanne Senour and family in Silver Springs, NV, Uncle John Cangemi and family in Kona, Hawaii, grandparents John and Barbara Cangemi of Inverness, Florida, Robert Hocking of Grass Valley, CA, and many other relatives.
A celebration of her life will be held on Tuesday, May 14th at 11am, St. Teresa's Catholic Church on Lompa Lane, Carson City, NV.
Arrangements are in the care of FitzHenry's Funeral Home in Carson City, NV, 775-882-2644.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges