Obituary: Dale Burt
July 16, 2015
We are saddened by the unexpected death of Dale Burt. Born Jan. 12, 1935, he passed away in his sleep at his second home in Reno, Nev. on July 7, 2015.
His first home and the place where his heart will always be is Tahoe. Being the grandson of pioneer Sydney James Mandeville, one of Tahoe Vista's early residents in 1914, he grew up with Lake Tahoe as his playground. Later Dale married and chose to raise his five children, Lori, David, Bill, Evon & Tom in that very same home where he and his mom were raised.
These days they still enjoy family gatherings there sharing new memories with his 9 grandchildren, Ian, Jasmine, Aimee, Joanna, Michael, Alexandra, Nina, Hannah, and Nicholas.
After graduating from the University of Nevada, Reno, with a degree in civil engineering and mathematics, he entered an 8 year service in the Army from which he left with a rank of Captain, as a pilot, and part of the Core of Army Engineers. This education served him well in his career of excavating and contracting which led him to owning several businesses. The latest one, Burt & Burt, with his eldest son David.
Dale leaves with a legacy of a loving happy family, a witty smile, a brilliant mind, and a great love of the outdoors for fishing and hunting.
A memorial will take place Saturday, July 18, North Tahoe Conference Center, Kings Beach, 2:00 pm. In lieu of flowers, buy yourself a fishing license and go fishing … Dale would.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million