Obituary: Daryl K. DeWalt
January 12, 2016
Daryl K. DeWalt, 78, of Bowling Green, Ohio, a longtime resident of Lake Tahoe, California, passed away, Wednesday, January 6, 2016, in Bowling Green.
Daryl was born in Bowling Green, to the late Keith C. and Vivian (Aldrich) DeWalt. He married Linda Frodenberg on October 21, 1955 and she survives.
Daryl was the Gatekeeper for Lake Tahoe's City Dam, a job occupied by both Linda's father and grandfather. The log home which currently is the Gatekeepers Museum is where Daryl and Linda raised their 4 sons. Daryl started his own construction business, DeWalt Builders after moving back to Bowling Green. Daryl's greatest joy was the time spent with his wife, sons and grandchildren.
Along with his wife Linda, Daryl is survived by his sons: Steven (Linda) DeWalt, David DeWalt (Dan Billings); Patrick DeWalt, (Melina Datsopoulos); 8 grandchildren: 6 great grandchildren: a brother: Gary (Ellie) DeWalt; family member: Marla DeWalt-Huggins. Daryl was preceded in death by his parents; son Larry; a brother and a sister.
Visitation was held on Sunday, January 10, 2016 in the Deck-Hanneman Funeral Home & Crematory, Bowling Green, Ohio.
Online Condolences may be left for the DeWalt at http://www.hannemanfh.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall