Obituary: David Masters
November 17, 2015
September 7, 1954 — October 24, 2015
David Masters lived a consistent life. He walked, drank coffee, and savored great food every day. He enjoyed international travel and a quiet, simple life at home. David was patient and courteous. He tended his garden with care and treated people from all walks of life with respect.
David loved his family, especially his daughter Abby and his wife Shahri. David was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. He was told to get his affairs in order because he only had a few months to live. David fought a valiant battle and lived fourteen months with his cancer, but it eventually took him.
He passed away at home, with dignity, his wife and daughter at his side. At David's request there will be no funeral. He was a private man and the social activity of a service was not his way.
If you wish to honor him, take a walk, drink some coffee, get a passport, have adventures, and enjoy a simple life.
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City