Obituary: David Masters
November 17, 2015
September 7, 1954 — October 24, 2015
David Masters lived a consistent life. He walked, drank coffee, and savored great food every day. He enjoyed international travel and a quiet, simple life at home. David was patient and courteous. He tended his garden with care and treated people from all walks of life with respect.
David loved his family, especially his daughter Abby and his wife Shahri. David was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. He was told to get his affairs in order because he only had a few months to live. David fought a valiant battle and lived fourteen months with his cancer, but it eventually took him.
He passed away at home, with dignity, his wife and daughter at his side. At David's request there will be no funeral. He was a private man and the social activity of a service was not his way.
If you wish to honor him, take a walk, drink some coffee, get a passport, have adventures, and enjoy a simple life.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week