Obituary: Don Max Willoughby
February 5, 2015
Don, 82, long-time resident of Kings Beach, died peacefully at Reno Veterans Hospital on November 23, 2014, after a brief illness.
Near him was "Ellie", his wife of 57 years, son Dana Jerome Willoughby, and daughter Diane Rienstra.
He was a proud recipient of the Purple Heart, awarded to him during the Korean conflict. An integral member of Truckee Masonic Lodge, an avid bowler and world traveler, he enjoyed 20 years of fun outings with his many friends in the North Tahoe Trail Dusters Jeep Club.
Amemorial celebration is planned on his birthday, May 19, 2015.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure