Obituary: Jack W. Stage
November 20, 2014
Jack W. Stage, M.D., 86, formerly of San Rafael, CA, ascended into heaven on November 14, 2014, holding the hand of his favorite angel, Sister Vincent Marie Hurley.
Born in Buffalo, NY to O. D. and C.L. Stage, he has a sister Donna L. Slayton of Lake Forest, IL. Educated in Buffalo, he graduated Phi Bet Kappa from the University of Buffalo and from the University of Buffalo School of Medicine.
Happily married to Ruth E. Kling, they had five wonderful children; Michele, Cheryl, Darcy, Wendy and Jack, Jr. After training for Internal Medicine he entered the Air Force where he was Chief of Medicine of the 78th USAF Hospital at Hamilton A.F.B. After two-and-a-half years he entered private practice in Marin County where he had wonderful patients for over 30 years.
Proceeded in death by his daughter Wendy (Brian) Greer. Survived by his beloved wife Ruth, daughters Michele, Cheryl (Craig) Mathre, Darcy (Allan) Wallis, and son, Jack, Jr. and four grandchildren, Jennifer, Jessica, Ashley and Austin.
Services are private. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Dominican Sisters of San Jose, 43226 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539. Arrangements in care of Truckee-Tahoe Mortuary and Crematory.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week